Friday, April 17, 2009

Drum Roll please...................

Footprints is done and framed. Finally!! This was started and meant to be finished as a present for my father's birthday. I have a horrible feeling it was for his 70th..........

Ummmmm, he turned 78 December last year. Now you know why this thing is deserving of a drum roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The reason he still didn't get it last birthday is that for the life of me, I could not get the thing straight. I've finally had to give up and get it as close as I can - so just don't look too close. I still love it, but it has been a nightmare. Things like coffee split on it, a broken thread in the linen when I got impatient trying to frog the over one writing, the very existence of all that writing, and I can't forget all the back stitch in the border. But...... it is done. So long as he doesn't wear his glasses when he looks at it!!
Btw, it's a Teresa Wentzler design.



My second finish is this DMC kit Kimono Dolls, waiting to be made into a cushion. It is to have a twin, so I have to start stitching it again when I can find a piece of white aida - a difficult prospect in this house!!! It's using aida again that has me delaying the start, or even the aida hunt. But, it does have to be done cos I am on a deadline with these.
My spider biscornu is finally sewn up, I just have to find a nice button or charm then I will post a pic

3 comments:

CindyMae said...

I think Footprints looks amazingly gorgeous! You done a marvelous job on it and the framing looks fantastic as well! Your father will love it, no matter when he gets it! LOL Love the dolls and looking forward to seeing the twin and this one finished!

Felicity said...

Fabulous Marie! I had a project that took time like that to finish. I bought it to do before a particular baby was born. By the time it was finished, the child had started high school. Oops!

Yoyo said...

Beautiful job for all the troubles you had with it. Aren't her borders just a bear!! The bad thing is this is the only footprints chart I've ever seen that I really would like to do. I do have the chart....maybe...someday (LOL). Don't forget to show us a picture of the KDolls when you finish the cushion, they should be awfully cute.