Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year - and it's going to be a biggie!!

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, although I'm sure you must all think I have. Sadly I have to report I have done zero stitching for weeks now - just as well I had all my ornaments done ages ago.

I have soooo much to tell...............

First off some very sad news. Some of you may remember Psycho Duck. She was the victim of a fox attack a couple of weeks ago - we were all heartbroken. We will get another couple of ducks at some stage though, and I think one will have to be named Psycho Too (as opposed to Two). She was so tame and such a character - we miss her greatly.

Cramar (our Pointer pup) is growing like a little weed. He and Leeroy are now great mates. I will try and take a pic soon.

We have a new addition. Jaffa the kitten. She is a tortoiseshell and while Calico tolerates her (just) I don't think they will ever become good mates lol.

The kids are away in Canberra for a month - they get back January 16 - so it is very very very quiet around here. We miss them to bits.

Umm, what else. Oh yes ........ we have put the house on the market and have put an offer in on 205 acres of land about 45 minutes further out. SO.... big changes are afoot. Don't ask me where we will live while the house is being built - I have absolutely no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The final piece of news is that Craig and I are engaged. he took me off to a romantic B & B (country french style) on Boxing Day and we had dinner in Tanunda. When we got back to our room he made me wait outside so he could 'prepare'. I then had to keep my eyes closed while he led me into the room and sat me down. He has candles everywhere, roses from our garden and was down on one knee.

Well, he is back with dinner (fish and chips - yum) so I will have to add more later!!!

9 comments:

Lynn B said...

Oooo Marie what a lovey story!

Congratulations on your engagement, I am sure you will have a very Happy New Year!

Kate said...

Congratulations!!!! May this year be fantastic!!! Such a romantic man!! All the best. KAte

Karen said...

Congrats on your engagement. Hope you are able to stitch soon! Sounds like you need to buy a ranch with all of your animals!

Felicity said...

Happy New Year. Congratulations on getting engaged! What wonderful news!

Glenda said...

I am sorry to hear about your duck being attacked by a fox, I hate foxes with a pasion we lost over 20 chocks, chickens and ducks all in one night and some of them had been with us for years,.Hope you have a good year,.love from Glenda

Loretta said...

Happy New Year and congratulations on your engagement!!!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your engagement and a Happy New Year!

NatQuebec said...

Congratulation for your engagement, I am happy for you :-) take care and happy 2010 year!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your engagement! Very sorry to hear about the demise of Psycho Duck, though ... being a duck fanatic, that's very sad :( Hope 2010 is a great one for you all :D I've sent a separate email with a couple of attachments that I hope you will like :)