Friday, January 30, 2009

Jewels!


Here is my Jewel Tones biscornu. I had severe doubts while stitching this. Then I had the bright idea of back stitching between each colour with kreinik braid - wow, what a difference. It is impossible to take a pic that does it justice. It is so sparkly, and the Crescent Colors threads are so rich. Instead of a button in the centre, I have used a rainbow crystal montee, to catch the colours. I am very very happy with the way it turned out. For anyone interested, the design is by DebBee's Designs from the 2007 JCS Christmas Ornament Issue. Hope my swap partner likes it!


We are still surviving the heat - just. Fortunately the kids rooms are ok at night with their fans. Ours bears the full brunt of the sun all day though, so it is like a sauna all night. Last night we moved our mattress into the lounge with the aircon. It will stay there for the duration. It got to a top of around 47C (116.6F) a couple of days ago, it's always a couple of degrees more than the city up here. Overnight temps are staying in the low 30's - sheesh




No comments: